|"the truth is... I AM Iron Man"|
|this is the best shot for the accurate colours|
I'd had a bit of a brainwave when I was on-line window shopping for this bad boy. The red needs to be metallic to be "right" for the modern look Iron Man. But as I have found with the Corsairs, metallic red is a bit of a bear. But then the penny dropped, transparent layers, inks! So the incredibly complex paint scheme goes like this:
- Paint primed model gold - I used Vallejo Liquid Metal Gold and burnished it with a cotton bud (Q-tip) to make it really shiny.
- Wash with thinned brown ink. I add a bit of Lahmian medium to all the inks to kill off the shine and help them flow.
- Once dry apply two smooth layers of red ink (I added a tiny dot of brown ink to this) mixed with Lahmian Medium. Leave to dry.
- Shade the key edges with a 5:1 mix of brown:red ink.
- Paint some glowy blue bits.
- Gloss varnish the red
I'm delighted with how he came out. Has just the same effect as the movie armour. Now, I am really, really hoping that they are planning the rest of the Avengers. Would be awesome. Until next time folks.