|"My fellow Askeletons..."|
- The Night Goblins army will be finished. Ideally in the first quarter as there really, really is not much more to do! Finished means that 2500 points will be painted and based.
- I will paint the 2000 point Nurgle Chaos Warriors army that is to tie into the Beard Bunker Blog's 2013 campaign.
- If I paint 40k stuff for myself it will be the new Imperial Guard I have waiting in the wings.
- I will paint my Napoleonic British army to 1000 points.
- At least one post with pictures of finished work every single week. No dry spells. There will be weeks where I upload three or four times, doesn't matter. At least one in every calendar week.
- More full tutorials. I actually like doing them and people seem to like them. I'd like to do one every couple of months but I will resolve conservatively and say four this year. I've got one in mind on painting horses for openers...
- I will support the Beard Bunker with content more skewed toward gaming and practicalities of Wargaming. Pirate Viking Painting will remain a pure painting blog
The 40k stuff is one that I have conciously dumped. The rumours of 6th edition impending firmed up in the first months of this year and I decided to put my Guard on hold until then. I have decided that they will use the AWESOME Victoria Lamb kilted legs and balmoral caps and that they will be mostly mechanised to contrast with my previous guard army. So what am I painting instead for 40k?
Yeah, more Blood Angels! Who knew huh? I thought I'd make my army a bit more Apocalypse-y by adding a load more tanks and some bikes (not pictured). Truth be told, at that point I won't be far off the entire 3rd company so I might just do that. Now, the Napoleonics, I had hit one hell of a wall on these, painting the Brit's is a nightmare. They have something like eight white straps over their red jackets. This is pretty much the worst colour combination on Earth as the red stains white instantly so any mistakes are catastrophic, painting the white over the red was proving annoying. The new citadel paint range, though, includes - drum roll - a foundation white! Hopefully this should speed up this heinous task and with a quick slosh of Vallejo Pale Wash over the top might, just might, allow me to paint these awesome models!
Now, on to the site goals, so far I have achieved my goal of at least one post in every single calendar week (there is even a post ready and scheduled to go up when I am on holiday!) so that is going well. I have been doing more tutorial work so that is working well too! My support of the Beard Bunker has been a little patchier, must try harder Jeff.
|If you can't spot who Mulder is dressed as then be ashamed!|
|Image from Games Workshop for illustrative purposes|
Well, thus ends the first PVP "State of the Nation", thanks for staying with us. I've been looking at the site stats ahead of Mulder's second birthday and the growth in readers has been phenominal. I am deeply touched. You are all people of magnificent taste and are all especially handsome.