Sunday 19 April 2015

Men in Blue (part 3)

Hi folks, got some more DKK for you, the blue flavour, and with flags this time!



As I've chatted about the painting side of these before so I won't go into to too much detail, more of a picdump.


I am really liking the way the blue works with the various greys. The camera doesn't pick it up too well but the lining, helmets/armour, trousers and gas mask are all slightly different greys. I added a splash of khaki this time with the bedrolls on the backpacks but the overall look is very "professional soldier" which I always like on guardsmen.


The banners are a mix of plastic cadian banners and Forgeworld's rather nice krieg ones. The piles of skulls are so very Death Korps.

So there you go, not much to chat about but pretty pics nonetheless. These got finished over the last week or so but it seemed insane to do multiple posts all featuring the same colours and models so I waited till I had a group shot going.

TTFN

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic work, really subtle but effective shades. I love the shadows & muted highlights on the blue coats.

    ReplyDelete